Fifteen (15) hour of continuing education shall be required for the renewal of an individual license. This must be obtained in the twelve-month period immediately proceeding the year for which the license is to be issued. The hours approved must be from any of the following:
- Any program approved by the Council on Continuing Education of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Hospital programs up to two (2) hours verified by the continuing education director of that institution.
- National and state sponsored programs as per the guidelines established by the Council of Continuing Education of the American Podiatric Medical Association and the Board.
- A maximum of three (3) hours credit internet courses if approved by the Council of Continuing Education of the American Podiatric Medical Association of the Board.
- At least ten (10) of the fifteen (15) hours must be related directly to the field of Podiatric Medicine.
Note: ALL Copies Continuing Medical Education Credits, renewal application and payment must be in the office of the Secretary no later than 30 June 2011 or there will be a late fee charged.